RELIABILITY AND TESTING LABORATORY
- Testing and checking devices, components and nuclear equipment and products manufactured by the institute or by other producers;
- Carrying-out activities within commercial contracts for the customers concerning:
- Checking and testing radioactive sources and materials;
- Conformity certification for devices / equipment / dosimetry installations used in nuclear activities;
- Carrying-out studies within the R&D programs of the institute.
- Testing and checking sealed radioactive sources used in nuclear facilities or in the industrial process of gammagraphy (eg. 192Ir);
- Testing and checking the installations dosimetry for monitoring environmental radioactivity;
- Environmental testing (damp heat, dry heat, cold, etc.) for equipment, devices, components, used in the nuclear and industrial area;
- Testing the packages used in the transport and storage of radioactive materials;
- Type and production (lot) testing for devices, components and nuclear equipment;
- Certifying products conformity (devices, equipment, installations, packages, sealed sources of radiation), products manufactured by the institute;
- Conducting research activities in the nuclear field within the R&D programs of the institute;
- Carrying-out accelerated ageing tests for nuclear materials and components.
Certification and Authorization
- Notifications of National Commission for Nuclear Activities Control (CNCAN) LI 02/2012 - for the entire testing field.
- Validating and commissioning in 2009 The Testing Facilities Radioactive Material Transport Packaging - capacity conducted under contract CEEX 7175/2006;
- Testing and checking for reception and commissioning the facilities modernized in 2011 within the Institute's Radioactive Waste Treatments and Conditioning Plant;
- Evaluating the regulatory requirements for radioactive material transport packages and implementing effective management in the transport safety area;
- Identifying ways to transfer, handle, transport on medium and long term management of spent resins generated by Cernavoda NPP;
- Participating in the development of the lead technologies for LFR type reactors by evaluating methods for separation of polonium result in the reactor operation.
Contact: CS III Viorica NISTOR, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org