RADIOACTIVE WASTE TREATMENT AND CONDITIONING PLANT (STDR)
- Collecting, transporting, treating and conditioning the radioactive waste generated by CANDU fuel fabrication plant (FCN), TRIGA reactor, Post-Irradiation Examination Laboratory (PIEL) and other nuclear installations within ICN and in the country;
- Development and implementing of new equipments and technologies in the radioactive waste management field.
- Radioactive waste characterization;
- Sorting, treating and conditioning radioactive waste in stable matrices;
- Transfer of conditioned radioactive waste to the National Repository for radioactive waste, Baita Bihor.
- Nuclear facilities authorized by CNCAN for radioactive waste treatment and conditioning
- Treatment facility by precipitation of liquid radioactive waste contaminated with natural uranium generated from CANDU fuel fabrication;
- Incinerator for solid radioactive waste contaminated with natural uranium generated from the CANDU fuel fabrication;
- Treatment facility by evaporation of liquid low level beta-gamma radioactive waste;
- Conditioning facility through cementation of solid radioactive waste and of the radioactive concentrate resulted from the evaporation.
- Treatment conditioning facility of liquid organic waste with tritium content;
- Facility for bitumization of the ion exchangers from the TRIGA reactor and other nuclear facilities;
- Small scale mobile installation for the decontamination of small quantities of liquid radioactive waste.
- Installation for conditioning in concrete radioactive concentrate from evaporator, solid radioactive waste and radioactive spent sources;
- Radiochemistry and radiometry laboratory for radioactive waste (LRRDR) - notified by CNCAN
- Refurbishment of the radioactive waste treatment and conditioning plant (February 2010 - December 2012)
- The facilities for radioactive waste treatment and conditioning were refurbished to meet the higher safety and radiological requirements;
- All laboratories were equipped with new chemical and radiochemical hoods, furniture as well as efficient equipment such Anti-Compton system, inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectrometer (ICP-OES), X-ray fluorescence spectrometer (XRF), UV-VIS spectrophotometer, fluorimeter, device for total organic carbon measurement (TOC), device for thermogravimetry (DTG).
Contact: CS III Marius IORDACHE e-mail: email@example.com