REACTORS PHYSICS, FUEL PERFORMANCES AND NUCLEAR SAFETY
- To maintain and develop technical support capacities for Cernavoda's NPP safe lifetime operation;
- Lead cooled reactors knowledge, competencies and expertise development to generate contributions on the GEN IV reactors development, particularly on the ALFRED project;
- To provide technical support for the safe operation of the TRIGA reactors.
- Reactor physics and Thermo-hydraulic analysis;
- Computational methods and computer code development;
- Nuclear safety analyses;
- Reactor physics instrumentation, experiments and irradiations;
- Nuclear fuel design, optimization and behavior modeling;
- Fuel and materials tests design and experimental data evaluation.
- Graphite prism with neutron sources;
- High resolution gamma spectrometer;
- MAXSIMA irradiation capsule;
- ∑∑ secondary intermediate-energy standard neutron field system;
- TRIGA-SSR thermal column.
- Physics and thermo-hydraulic studies related to advanced reactors and advanced fuel cycles;
- Adaptation and development of reactor physics computer programs;
- Methods for acquisition and processing of reactor physics neutron data;
- Probabilistic safety assessments including component ageing effects;
- Safety assessments for radioactive waste disposal;
- Advanced Fuel design (design optimization and design evaluation);
- Methodology and irradiation device for transient tests on LFR type fuel;
- Bonner spheres neutron spectrometer.
Contact: Dr. Csaba ROTH; e-mail: email@example.com